WHO'S YOUR TACO?
Calling all amigos of the Mobile Food Rodeo: The annual gathering of food trucks is happening all weekend in two neighborhoods, International District and Fremont.
- SATURDAY, MAY 3RD | 5:00 - 11:00PM | INTERNATIONAL DISTRICT
- SUNDAY, MAY 4TH | 11:00 - 7:00PM | FREMONT
Twenty five well-known Seattle taco trucks will face off for your vote with a variety of taco flavors; there will also be live mariachi, luchador wrestling by Lucha Libre Volcanica and live entertainment.
2014 TACOS LIBRE SHOWDOWN
This List is Subject to Change | Check Back for New Tacos Added
- Fish Basket: A Panko Crusted Cod Fillet with Tartar Slaw, Pico De Gallo and Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- The Barking Frog Mobile Kitchen: Secret Menu Item
- People of the Chubbs: Adobo fried chicken tacos, that have are filled with our Filipino Adobo Tempura Fried Chicken, creamy cilantro coleslaw, a fresh made Pico de Gallo, and topped off with our house made Cilantro lime aioli sauce
- Funguyz Food Trolley: Chipolte Lime Shrimp Salad in a Corn Chili Waffle "Tacone"
- Caravan Crepes: Charmoula Pulled Pork & Apple Gastrique
- My Sweet Lil Cakes: Chorizo W/ Bell Peppers and Cheddar Cheese
- Crisp Creperie: The Flaming Hipster Crepe | Ingredients Revealed
- Marination: Top Secret, but last year's taco took the 1st place prize for their Holy Moley
- Athena's: Lamb Tacos
- BeanFish: Nacho Libre: Taiyaki filled with all the fixin's of nachos!
- Off the Rez: TBD
- Skillet Street Food: Sopapilla Crema Pie
- Street Hawk: Street "Hawco" - Beer battered cod, carrot-jicama slaw, hawk sauce, on a corn tortilla
- My Chef Lynn: Smoked Pork, with Asian Plumb Bbq and Siracha Aoli, Chopped Cilantro, Mint n Green Onions
- Hallava Falafel: Gyro Meat "taco" with lettuce, beat relish, house made mexi sauce and Siracha for a kick.
- Veraci Pizza: A Spanish Inspired Pizza - featuring Spanish Chorizo and Fire Roasted Jalepenos...yumm!
HOW IT WORKS
WHO WILL GET THE BEST DAMN TACO IN SEATTLE? The 2nd annual Taco Libre competition expands this year, offering live music, margarita and beer garden, along with a slew of other amazing food trucks serving curbside. Admission is 100% free and delicious.
The Rodeo, which has its own impressive roster of 45 amazing food trucks spanning over two blocks is free all day. Come for the food and stay for the fun throughout two great neighborhoods, International District
But back to that taco truck showdown. Tecate and Avión Tequila margaritas will also be flowing, and all proceeds from the beer garden benefit One Reel, producers of Bumbershoot.
Try all all featured tacos (prices vary, but each truck will have a $5 item or sampler) and pick up a voting card at any of the trucks this year. The winner, as chosen by the people, with walk away with the Golden Taco Award.
HOW DO I VOTE
Every truck participating will have a voting card that can enter you to win the ultimate foodie stay cation for two to Seattle Street Food Festival with $200 in food token, VIF Express Badges and more. Simply eat and tell us your favorite taco and you can win!
2013 TACO LIBRE SHOWDOWN RESULTS:
Marination Mobile: Holy Mole! | 2013 GOLDEN TACO AWARD WINNER
This taco's made with chicken marinated overnight in a mole made with Theo Chocolate, and served with pickled red onion, and cilantro on a corn tortilla
Off the Rez: Barbecue Pulled Pork Indian Taco
Some 10-hour slow-smoked pulled pork topped with honey-bourbon barbecue sauce and sesame slaw served on handmade frybread.
The Fish Basket: Crispy Cod Taco
A flour tortilla containing a crispy panko breaded cod fillet on a bed of homemade tarter slaw, topped with fresh pico de gallo and buttermilk chipotle ranch sauce.
Contigo: Al Pastor Taco
These guys are keeping a few recipe secrets, but revealing the tender pork shoulder ingredient marinated in tropical fruit and chiles.
Barriga Llena: Tacos de Chorizo
Made with homemade Mexican sausage.
Los Chilangos: Pork Carnitas Sampler
A family recipe that includes a special sauce.
Become a Partner
If you would like to partner with us, fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.